Look, I like to eat seasonally, but sometimes, favoritism trumps timeliness. So when I stumbled across this rhubarb syrup from IKEA, I knew something inspired by my absolutely favorite pie, strawberry rhubarb, was in the works. And why wouldn't that be a cocktail? We're consistent, folks.
makes one cocktail
- 1/2 cup rhubarb syrup
- 1/4 cup diced strawberries (fresh or frozen is fine)
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- Splash Disaronno
- Raw sugar
- Place raw sugar on a small plate and wet the rim of your glass, turning it upside down onto the sugar to rim your glass.
- In the bottom of a glass, muddle your strawberries
- In a shaker, combine syrup, vodka, almond extract and Disaronno (adding it to the glass and stirring is fine, too).
- Pour cocktail in the glass. Top with ice and garnish with a strawberry.
Photos and text © copyright Katie Currid, 2016. All rights reserved.