This DIY project is almost too easy. It's basically a matter of putting a sticker on a glass (with a little extra love). But I'm over the moon with the results — even with the ultra fine lines in the Freckle & Fair logo, my whiskey glasses turned out super sleek and oh-so-shiny.
Ordering through Lumi is very convenient, particularly if you have a design ready. If you don't, or graphic design isn't your thing, I could imagine a simple initial letter turning out just beautifully. I'm planning to order more decals to use this for some personalized barware for Christmas gifts this season.
- Upload a design file to Lumi. You can read more about their formatting guidelines here. If you've got a vector file ready, you're all set. If not, check out those guidelines for more information — they can convert your file to a vector, or you can, if you're able.
- Process your order and wait for your package to arrive (in an on-trend kraft paperboard mailer, of course!)
- Peel back the decal from the paper and position over a clean glass.
- Use a credit card or other flat, plastic surface to burnish over your design.
- Carefully remove the plastic backing, making sure the decal remains in place. If it doesn't (I had a bit of trouble with the more delicate parts of my design), replace it and add additional pressure until it sticks.
- For more, check out Lumi's video tutorial. Although this is a simple process, I highly recommend checking before you get started.
Text and photos © Theresa Berens, 2015. All rights reserved.