The holiday season can be a dream or a nightmare for the DIY lover. Ideas abound, but time is limited. And if you're anything like me, you pressure yourself to make thoughtful, handmade gifts for as many people on your list as possible. Because you can! And gifting means so much more that way, right?
But so does your sanity. Once mid-December hits and holiday parties, work and social obligations have taken their toll on your carefully planned out gift-making schedule, it's time to get realistic about what you can accomplish. I've never been good at this and am always planning way (way, way) more than I can realistically accomplish. Still, having a hangry meltdown over the ruination of your carefully planned out schedule won't solve your problems.
Instead, sit back and admire our list of craft crushes created by some of our favorite bloggers. These are the DIY projects Katie and I would make for our friends and family in a dream world with endless time, daylight and access to supplies. Along with this post, check out some photos of my favorite (and so far, only!) handmade Christmas gifts this year: marbled clay ring dishes (tutorial by A Beautiful Mess), filled with delicate personalized necklaces. You can find the supplies I used to create these (chain, findings and charms) from Brooklyn Charm on Etsy.
At the end of it, if you're still feeling woeful about not having more time, we recommend drowning your sorrows in a burrito bowl and a chocolate stout while listening to your favorite Christmas songs.
- FOR YOUR RECENTLY ENGAGED GAL PAL: Marbled Clay Ring Dish, A Beautiful Mess.
- FOR YOUR FRIEND ADULT ENOUGH TO NOT KILL PLANTS: Leather & Brass Teardrop Hanging Planter, Vintage Revivals.
- FOR YOUR PERMA-STUDENT SIBLING: Ombre Notebooks, Jade and Fern.
- FOR YOUR MOM: Arm Knit Cowl Scarf, Flax & Twine.
- FOR YOUR SECRET SANTA: Rose Lip Balm, Because I'm Addicted.
- FOR YOUR LITTLE SISTER: Gemstone Bobby Pins, Tell Love & Chocolate.
- FOR YOUR SUSHI-LOVIN' LADYFRIEND: Painted Chopsticks, Jade and Fern.
- FOR YOUR OTHER FRIEND ADULT ENOUGH TO NOT KILL PLANTS: Gold Leaf Planters, The House That Lars Built.
- FOR THE SERIOUSLY TREAT-OBSESSED: Funfetti Candle, Beth Bakes.
- FOR THE COFFEE ADDICT: Tissue Paper Watercolor Mug, I Spy DIY.